Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stanley, Idaho

Stanley, Idaho
Stanley, Idaho

Nestled snugly at the base of the Sawtooth Range, Stanley, Idaho offers a tranquil mountain retreat. Fishing, hiking and exploring opportunities are only a step away.

I sent this card to myself when I went to Pocatello for my cousin's wedding in September 2011. It was a challenge to get postcards in Idaho since I was only there for 24 hours and none of the tourist attractions seemed to be open. I finally found some at a gas station, and mailed them from the airport.

Since I mailed it to myself, I used my faaaaaavorite stamp. This is from a 2011 set of four on the U.S. Merchant Marine. Clipper ships, ushered in by the California gold rush of 1849 and noted for their streamlined shape and majestic cloud of square-rigged sails, set numerous speed records for their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment