Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Mexico Roadrunner



I got this card from my friend Avi who lives in New Mexico. According to the back of the card, "The comical roadrunner, New Mexico's state bird, prefers running to flying and have been clocked at speeds of 15 miles per hour. They are approximately 22 inches in length, and their diet consists of insects, lizards, centipedes, mice and snakes." Yum!

Someone who is collecting state bird, state tree, and state flower postcards messaged me asking for a swap a couple of weeks ago. I found a couple of rhododendron cards but no western hemlock or willow goldfinch cards... All I found was a map card that had those listed but not pictured. Lame. Actually I think it even had a picture of a tree, but it was a Doug fir, not a hemlock! Super lame.

My favorite part of this postcard may have been the mountains hand-drawn on the bottom. :)



This stamp is from 1998, depicting the yellow poplar (Luriodendron tulipifera), also known as the tulip tree. Avi said he steamed it off an old envelope and re-used it. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment