Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roscoff, France

Equinoctial Gales, Roscoff

This is from the big groups RR. I actually don't have that many cards from France, which explains why I haven't posted any cards from France on here. The picture on this card reminds me of the beach in other places - Alki here in Seattle, and the waterfront in Mazatlán, too. Tonight would be a nice night to take a walk along the water. Possibly not in the "equinoctial gale," although it did hit 80 degrees today.

Roscoff is located on the western coast of France, in the Bretagne (Brittany) region. I guess it makes sense, then, that it reminds me of the western coast of America. It is a ferry port with ferries running to Plymouth, U.K., and Cork, Ireland. According to a 2006 census, there are 3,705 Roscovites. They have bilingual primary education in place with 18% of children learning French and Breton simultaneously.

Not sure about the stamp. No date of issue.
IMG_4594

2 comments:

  1. Hello Maggie, I also shared a Roscoff postcard in my blog, http://lostforwords101.blogspot.com/2011/06/round-d-world-weekend-3-roscoff.html

    I wish I can swap cards with you. Happy postcrossing.

    -lostforwords101, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maggie!
    There is no date on the stamp as it is a sticker-stamp that comes from a book of stamps for international mail.
    This kind of book has been sold since May 2009. The stamps are valid permanently. They can still be used even if the price of stamps increases.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    And again thank you for your beautiful postcard with the tulip fields and Mount Vernon! :o)
    Lhise on postcrossing

    ReplyDelete