Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Great Ocean Road, Australia


AU-105212 from Gaby.
I'm posting today because I need something to cheer me up - and boy, do I wish I was there instead of here.

The Great Ocean Road stretches 243km between the cities of Torquay and Warrnambool on the southeastern coast of Australia. One of its main attractions are the 12 Apostles - 45-meter-high stacks of limestone that have been worn away at the Victoria coastline. The lighthouse pictured is Cape Otway Lighthouse, in continuous operation since 1848. This area is responsible for more shipwrecks than any other part of Autralia, and they even have shipwreck tours.

Stamp of koalas from 2009, one in a set of four Bush Babies.

I could go for that curling up in a ball and sleeping, too.


But... some days are like that, even in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment